I am Back With What Men Think....

Novemeber was last time a wrote anything and now its almost the end of June. Where has the time gone? I guess time flies when you work as much as you can, take care of the family, bills, house, etc. Blink twice and a year goes by. After hitting a proverbial brick wall recently, I learned that it doesn't matter how strong you are, the mental stamina one might have...everyone needs a break at some point, time to just unplug and take some time for themselves. So I took a couple of days off work and did absolutely nothing and am now using this blog to continue what I had been wanting to do with it, as well as, use it to take a little bit of time for myself here and there and do something I enjoy while the rest of the world waits for me to finish (as long as its not an emergency that arises).
I have been reading the news as I always do and have noticed there seems to be an increase in articles for women based on what men think. Most I agree with but some have tried to make us men seem more complex then we really are. So as a man, with no degrees or qualifications based on the subject, I am writing this simply as a man. The true facts of what we are thinking and what we talk about or think at work.
First, ok so men probably aren't quite as shallow as we would like women to think we are. Yes we do have times where we do some deep pondering. Here is the caviot ladies, if we want you to know we will share when we are ready. Believe it or not, a lot of our deep pondering are on things that we really would just like to keep to ourselves. What are we pondering? Does it matter? Do you really have to know everything? If you do, here are some possible topics that we do ponder on, so it could be one of these. It could be our family, our spouse, our relationship with spouse, our job or just contemplating where we are in our life, where we want to be or what we need to do different. I will tell you this ladies, I will garantee that 60% of the time that you ask your male significant other or son what they are thinking and they respond "nothing", that is infact true. Most of the time when you ladies ask us what we are thinking and we say nothing it means NOTHING! We do infact, for whatever reason, periodically sit and zone into space thinking absolutely nothing. That look that you see and insist its because we are thinking something, no were aren't. That is one of the biggest things you could for him, understand that most of the time when he says nothing, it means nothing. We are just giving our brains a break and letting absolutely nothing go in or go out of it for a short amount of time. The highlight of my days are the 45 minute drive to and 45 minute drive from work. Why? Because during those 45 minutes I have my music blaring, let my brain zone and have 45 minutes straight of not thinking...except for the occassional flipping of the bird and yelling colorful phrases when someone cuts me off. We like to zone and a lot of those times you insist we men are thinking of something because you know that face, maybe you need to rethink how well you know us because reality is more than likely he really is thinking of nothing. Especially if a game or music is on. Guarantee you that he really is just zoning.
Now for the othe 40% that we are thinking something, a percentage of that time in which we say nothing we are lying. Which percentage varies on the man. Some men are more open with their feelings and there for will say nothing less often than a man like me who is not real open with his deep feelings. How can you write about some the things you have and shared what you did? Easy, your a faceless audience that I don't know and will probably never meet. Its a venue that I am using to vent, share ideas, be funny, etc. Those that do know me and read this, also know that me writing is a whole different picture than me talking. Why some men are one way and others the other, I don't know. I think it depends on personalities along with life experiences. Some of us have personalities that don't like to open up and share about deep personal things with our spouse or anyone and some life experiences have just made it harder for us to do so. Other men find it easier but still have their times they say nothing simply because they don't want to share it or aren't ready to share it at that time. Also think about some of the topics I listed above, especially when dealing with family. Do they seem like subjects that one would just open up about, especially with their spouse? Is it wrong of us to think things like that? I am not going say no because sometimes we do it just to show to ourselves how much we love our families and how glad we are on the decisions we made.
Now another question ladies love to ask and hate our responses are about work. You ask us "how was work?" We say "good" or something to that affect and leave it at that. We maybe go into detail on what we did at work but are quickly dismissed bc you don't really want to hear what we did bc you already know what we do for a living. What you guys want to hear about is the gossip or drama around work. What you fail to realize is that men don't really gossip or create drama around work. Ok, we gossip but not the way you all think we do. We don't gossip about our families, or the stuff you want to hear. If we gossip, its about our bosses and the frustration they cause us and how we think things could be done better. Again, thats not what you want to hear. Then we are asked the questions about coworkers families, etc. Honestly ladies, we don't know because we don't ask. How can you go eight hours with someone and not know that information? Another famous question of yours. Its easy, because guys talk about the same thing day in and day out. Over a period of time (I would say about two months) male coworkers, in my opinion, spend about 60% of their communication joking around, making jokes at eachothers expense, talking about hot women and of course sex, food and drinking. That is the majority of our communication. 30% is probably work related, 19% is spent on sports and other common interests. The remaining one percent is a rarity in which we do manage to find one or two people who we confide it and get a little deep with. Not too much were we feel exposed but enough to help us through some of our thought processes and get opinions if we need them. We sometimes share the info depending on how our friend confided in us, and if we feel he would be pissed we shared with our wife, we simply won't. Again, even some of the stuff we share  might be filtered to protect our friend. We share so you feel connected with us and also more just to keep our friend in your mind as we probably are having a hard time seeing our friend go through whatever it is they are struggling with.
So ladies, that is the truth about what men think, talk about and what we mean by "nothing". Men really are not complex like some try to make them out to be.

Comments

  1. Every wеekend i uѕed to pay a visit this ωebsite, for the reаson that i wish for enjoyment, sinсe this this site cоnatiοns genuinely pleasant funny mаterial too.


    mу websіte; Symptoms And Procedure Of Erythrodermic Psoriasis

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother recommended I may like this website. He was entirely right.
    This publish actually made my day. You cann't believe simply how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous, what a web site it is! This web site presents helpful data to us, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic put up, very informative. I'm wondering why the other specialists of this sector don't notice
    this. You must proceed your writing. I am sure, you have a
    great readers' base already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe that is among the such a lot important
    information for me. And i'm happy reading your article.

    However should remark on few basic issues, The website taste is ideal, the articles is
    really great :D. Excellent job, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I could have sworn I've visited this website before but after browsing through some of the posts I realized it's new to me.

    Regardless, I'm definitely pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll
    be book-marking it and checking back regularly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While!!

My Dog's a Tattle-Tale!