Decisions?????
I have been thinking a lot the last few days about decisions. They are choices that we make every day. Most are trivial and really don't impact a whole lot out side of the immediate time they are made. Yet there are few decisions in life that all will ultimately make that will affect every aspect of their life. Most of us make them thinking it is the best or right choice at the time. After sometime has passed though, each and everyone of us will look back at that decision, see how it has affected our lives and wheigh in on wether it was the right one or not.
If it is the right decision, then great and all power to us. The feeling of knowing the right decision was made feels wonderful and we enjoy the benefits it produces.
But what if the decision was the wrong one? Without having to say, instead of feeling joyous and wonderful, we are left the opposite and often times feeling miserable. What do we do?
Some decisions can be reversed. Ok, so we took a few steps back and with time will get to where we were and a little more time be where we want to be after learning from a mistake.
But what about the decisions that we can't just reverse? The decisions that don't just affect us, but others as well? Do we accept the damage that undoing the decision will cause us and others, or do we accept the decision and try to make the most of it as to keep damage to a minimal?
Each person is different and each person can only answer the question for themselves. I have been thinking a lot lately about a couple decisions I have made and am wondering if infact I made the right one? I have thought a lot about this the last few days and managed to find two hours for myself yesterday to really ponder and try to figure it out. Unfortunately I can't yet decide if I have made a good, or rather right, choice so I can't even determine yet on what I want to do about it. I find myself torn down the middle. A part of me says yes and despite the questions I have, feelings I have, doubts I have, that big picture wise I made the right choice. Yet a part of me at same time says that if I did make the right choice, then I wouldn't feel the way I do right now about it.
So which one do I listen to? I struggle with a part me that just wants to pack everything up, drop all ties, go some place and start over while I am still fairly young. Would that be the right thing to do or would I just be running from whats making me most miserable right now? Decisions.......
I hate the times that feel miserable and what use to make you most happy, is now making you most sad and hurt. Maybe these are just the growing pains of life that I was told about while growing up that I would face one day. Maybe this is life trying to teach me a lesson... Or maybe I made a bad decision and through a series of events I am seeing the mistake I made and how I should have choosen differently. I am still trying to figure that out and at this point can honestly say that right now I don't know.
I will say though, that becareful of the decisions that you do make. While most may seem trivial compared to the over all picture of life, beware of the decisions that will have a lasting impact on your life and ensure you put true thought into it because some decisions aren't so easy to undo and others can't be undone...........
If it is the right decision, then great and all power to us. The feeling of knowing the right decision was made feels wonderful and we enjoy the benefits it produces.
But what if the decision was the wrong one? Without having to say, instead of feeling joyous and wonderful, we are left the opposite and often times feeling miserable. What do we do?
Some decisions can be reversed. Ok, so we took a few steps back and with time will get to where we were and a little more time be where we want to be after learning from a mistake.
But what about the decisions that we can't just reverse? The decisions that don't just affect us, but others as well? Do we accept the damage that undoing the decision will cause us and others, or do we accept the decision and try to make the most of it as to keep damage to a minimal?
Each person is different and each person can only answer the question for themselves. I have been thinking a lot lately about a couple decisions I have made and am wondering if infact I made the right one? I have thought a lot about this the last few days and managed to find two hours for myself yesterday to really ponder and try to figure it out. Unfortunately I can't yet decide if I have made a good, or rather right, choice so I can't even determine yet on what I want to do about it. I find myself torn down the middle. A part of me says yes and despite the questions I have, feelings I have, doubts I have, that big picture wise I made the right choice. Yet a part of me at same time says that if I did make the right choice, then I wouldn't feel the way I do right now about it.
So which one do I listen to? I struggle with a part me that just wants to pack everything up, drop all ties, go some place and start over while I am still fairly young. Would that be the right thing to do or would I just be running from whats making me most miserable right now? Decisions.......
I hate the times that feel miserable and what use to make you most happy, is now making you most sad and hurt. Maybe these are just the growing pains of life that I was told about while growing up that I would face one day. Maybe this is life trying to teach me a lesson... Or maybe I made a bad decision and through a series of events I am seeing the mistake I made and how I should have choosen differently. I am still trying to figure that out and at this point can honestly say that right now I don't know.
I will say though, that becareful of the decisions that you do make. While most may seem trivial compared to the over all picture of life, beware of the decisions that will have a lasting impact on your life and ensure you put true thought into it because some decisions aren't so easy to undo and others can't be undone...........
Comments
Post a Comment