Stresses of Moving
Well I am at about 38 days until I start the next chapter of my life. Stress right now is through the roof. The good news is that we already have a house worked out to move into. However, I am still trying to line up a job, need to finish out processing the military, pack up the current house, etc. There is so much to do and sometimes it seems over whelming.
Reality though is that the check list I have to complete to separate from the military, long as it might be, is fairly easy to do. The hardest thing is driving all over base to go to the various different places. Yet I find myself dragging my feet and having a hard time motivating myself to get it done. I can't figure out why.
One would think that being this close I would be all over it like a fat kid with chocolate cake. Yet I am not. The military is all I have known since being on my own. Getting out and becoming a normal civilian again, honestly scares the crap out of me. Maybe that is why I am having a hard time. But a part of me also wonders if I did have a job lined up right now, would I be knocking this checklist out of the park?
Unfortunately with this economy nobody is hiring more than a few weeks out. This means reality is no one is going to be offering me anything for about another month. So I am separating from the military, planning on moving, signing all the official paperwork to separate, doing all this in faith that God will provide me a job so I can begin working shortly after arriving at our new home.
Needless to say, I am pretty stressed right now. So many questions, so much to do, etc...
The only thing I can do is take everything one day at a time. I have decided today to go out and knock a good chunk out of my checklist. Maybe that will help with stress some. So off I go and having faith that God will provide a job so I can start working when I am desiring to start working. I figure this, if this is what I was meant to do, then He will line everything up for me.
Now, off to go get some outprocessing done....
Reality though is that the check list I have to complete to separate from the military, long as it might be, is fairly easy to do. The hardest thing is driving all over base to go to the various different places. Yet I find myself dragging my feet and having a hard time motivating myself to get it done. I can't figure out why.
One would think that being this close I would be all over it like a fat kid with chocolate cake. Yet I am not. The military is all I have known since being on my own. Getting out and becoming a normal civilian again, honestly scares the crap out of me. Maybe that is why I am having a hard time. But a part of me also wonders if I did have a job lined up right now, would I be knocking this checklist out of the park?
Unfortunately with this economy nobody is hiring more than a few weeks out. This means reality is no one is going to be offering me anything for about another month. So I am separating from the military, planning on moving, signing all the official paperwork to separate, doing all this in faith that God will provide me a job so I can begin working shortly after arriving at our new home.
Needless to say, I am pretty stressed right now. So many questions, so much to do, etc...
The only thing I can do is take everything one day at a time. I have decided today to go out and knock a good chunk out of my checklist. Maybe that will help with stress some. So off I go and having faith that God will provide a job so I can start working when I am desiring to start working. I figure this, if this is what I was meant to do, then He will line everything up for me.
Now, off to go get some outprocessing done....
Comments
Post a Comment