Verizon Iphone?
Well the news is filling up about Verizons press event tomorrow and wether or not the Apple's Iphone will be finally launched on Verizons network. I in no way am here to try and analyze the thought as I in no way concider myself near informed enough to "report" on it. I am merely sharing my thoughts and feelings as I Verizon customer and as one of the Iphone "hopefulls".
I currently have a BlackBerry...the first Storm to be exact. It has been a great phone, right up until about six months ago. As with most BlackBerry products, it is almost two years old and is about to die on me. So I am desperately needing a new phone.
For the last year I have had a keen observation of the Iphone and watch as friends use theirs, news agencys report on it and the different apps, etc. Needless to say, for the last year I have wanted an Iphone.
Not because I am a bandwagon type person that just wants what everyone else wants, but because I see the efficiency in it. Along with observing the Iphone, I have been observing Apple as well, and believe that Apple has finally turned around and have risen to the top in the computer industry. Three years ago I never would have concidered an Apple product, but after observing the reliable and quality products and programs they have put out, I am starting to slowly convert over to the Apple side.
Getting back to the phone...I see the efficiency in the Iphone. You think of a task, and there is literally an application for it. You think of the most rediculous idea and there is an application for that as well. I seem to have a very busy lifestyle. I am always on the go and if I am not working, then I am running here or there. I don't get a whole lot of down time and friends and family have learned that the best way to reach me is texting me. That gives me the chance to respond as I can and communicate with them during times that a verbal conversation otherwise would be deemed inappropriate. With constantly being on the go and running here or there, I have realized how much a smart phone has helped me. I can keep my appointments organized, I can organize the appointments my family has, I have internet and email connectivity when I need it and don't have to wait until I am home, etc. Yet there is still a lot I do and use that seems to be spreadout. Some I can do on my phone, others I have to do on a computer, and yet others I have to do through the mail (like depositing checks), etc. So the smartphone has helped me organize a little better but I still feel like I am constantly juggleing tasks between technological devices.
Researching, observing, etc. the Iphone has made me realized that through one device I can almost eliminate all that juggling. All the news I can read through the phone, all my banking (including depositing checks with a simple photo) can be done through the phone, all the bills can be paid through the phone, hell even my blogging can be done through the phone, all social networking through the phone, texting is still there, email is still there, pretty much anything I need is there or I can find an app for it. Throw an Ipad in there (which I also plan on getting in future when I can afford it) and I won't need anything else. Whatever I need to do that a phone is too small for, I will do through the Ipad.
Sure there are the Android phones which claim to be as efficient and they do hold their ground against Apple. The size doesn't appeal to me as they are too big, the number of Apps is no where near as many as Apples, and my personal prefference for known quality draws me to Apple and their Iphone.
I am all about working smarter, not harder. If there is a an easier more organized way for me to accomplish that which I need to do, then I am going to go for it. The Iphone can do that for me on a device that is big enough to do most tasks but not so huge it feels like I am caring a tablet on my waist.
I didn't just wake up and see it and want it, the desire for the Iphone has come after a lot of researching, observing and asking lots of questions to Jason Viglione (a very tech savvy friend, refer to blog titled "Tech Savvy" to know what I mean by that). So finally hearing and having something more concrete about the Iphone coming to Verizon, has been a year long dream come true...maybe.
I really hope that tomorrows Verizon press conference does produce the Iphone. Not because I want to join the bandwagon of Iphone users, but because it offers me a way to be more efficient. To organize my constantly busy life and allow me to complete various tasks sooner and more efficiently, thus hopefully giving me more time to relax. After a year of waiting, sitting on my upgrade for six months, I am more than ready for the Iphone to be shared with Verizon. Hopefully I am not dissappointed but until tomorrows press conference happens, we won't truely know and I will just have to keep hoping.
I currently have a BlackBerry...the first Storm to be exact. It has been a great phone, right up until about six months ago. As with most BlackBerry products, it is almost two years old and is about to die on me. So I am desperately needing a new phone.
For the last year I have had a keen observation of the Iphone and watch as friends use theirs, news agencys report on it and the different apps, etc. Needless to say, for the last year I have wanted an Iphone.
Not because I am a bandwagon type person that just wants what everyone else wants, but because I see the efficiency in it. Along with observing the Iphone, I have been observing Apple as well, and believe that Apple has finally turned around and have risen to the top in the computer industry. Three years ago I never would have concidered an Apple product, but after observing the reliable and quality products and programs they have put out, I am starting to slowly convert over to the Apple side.
Getting back to the phone...I see the efficiency in the Iphone. You think of a task, and there is literally an application for it. You think of the most rediculous idea and there is an application for that as well. I seem to have a very busy lifestyle. I am always on the go and if I am not working, then I am running here or there. I don't get a whole lot of down time and friends and family have learned that the best way to reach me is texting me. That gives me the chance to respond as I can and communicate with them during times that a verbal conversation otherwise would be deemed inappropriate. With constantly being on the go and running here or there, I have realized how much a smart phone has helped me. I can keep my appointments organized, I can organize the appointments my family has, I have internet and email connectivity when I need it and don't have to wait until I am home, etc. Yet there is still a lot I do and use that seems to be spreadout. Some I can do on my phone, others I have to do on a computer, and yet others I have to do through the mail (like depositing checks), etc. So the smartphone has helped me organize a little better but I still feel like I am constantly juggleing tasks between technological devices.
Researching, observing, etc. the Iphone has made me realized that through one device I can almost eliminate all that juggling. All the news I can read through the phone, all my banking (including depositing checks with a simple photo) can be done through the phone, all the bills can be paid through the phone, hell even my blogging can be done through the phone, all social networking through the phone, texting is still there, email is still there, pretty much anything I need is there or I can find an app for it. Throw an Ipad in there (which I also plan on getting in future when I can afford it) and I won't need anything else. Whatever I need to do that a phone is too small for, I will do through the Ipad.
Sure there are the Android phones which claim to be as efficient and they do hold their ground against Apple. The size doesn't appeal to me as they are too big, the number of Apps is no where near as many as Apples, and my personal prefference for known quality draws me to Apple and their Iphone.
I am all about working smarter, not harder. If there is a an easier more organized way for me to accomplish that which I need to do, then I am going to go for it. The Iphone can do that for me on a device that is big enough to do most tasks but not so huge it feels like I am caring a tablet on my waist.
I didn't just wake up and see it and want it, the desire for the Iphone has come after a lot of researching, observing and asking lots of questions to Jason Viglione (a very tech savvy friend, refer to blog titled "Tech Savvy" to know what I mean by that). So finally hearing and having something more concrete about the Iphone coming to Verizon, has been a year long dream come true...maybe.
I really hope that tomorrows Verizon press conference does produce the Iphone. Not because I want to join the bandwagon of Iphone users, but because it offers me a way to be more efficient. To organize my constantly busy life and allow me to complete various tasks sooner and more efficiently, thus hopefully giving me more time to relax. After a year of waiting, sitting on my upgrade for six months, I am more than ready for the Iphone to be shared with Verizon. Hopefully I am not dissappointed but until tomorrows press conference happens, we won't truely know and I will just have to keep hoping.
Comments
Post a Comment