Types of Friends

The holiday season caused me to think a lot about friends. I got to thinking about the different types of friends there are.
There are the friends that are acquaintances. Those that we pass here and there and say hey to and ask how they are doing. We keep on walking though because in reality its just a formality and we could careless how they are doing and don't feel like getting caught up in a conversation with them. 
Then there are the average friends. These friends are a step up from acquaintances and we will talk and converse with them. When asking how they are doing, we will even listen as we do care. Conversations are not deep but enough to learn about each other and have a beer with.
Then you have close friends. These friends we talk to regularly, get together with regularly and share more personal details with. These friends we call when we need help and who we can count on in times of need.
Lastly you have, what I call, family friends. These friends started out at the basic friend level and over time have become more family than friends. These friends are always there when you are need wether you ask for it not. These friends are friends that if you don't talk to them in a while, the next time you do, you pick up right where you left off like no time has passed. These friends will go through anything with you, no matter the cost to them. They will stay by your side because your well being is all they really care about. These friends are the best friends and the ones that help up through life and the type of friend we should  strive to be.
I have thought of this a lot lately as me and my wife have had lots of struggles lately. Got a lot going on and it gets over whelming sometimes. Yet we have a few friends that have continually been by our sides helping us as they can. Some here in the local area with us, and others afar who call and offer emotional support. Going through trying times definitely shows us who are what kinds of friends. I am so blessed to have so many friends who are more like family. For each I am so grateful.
As I have been shown this friendship by so many, I have been thinking on whether or not I have been showing the same kind of friendship to others. I have been blessed and need to return the blessing to others who might need to see the compassion as I have been shown. So I have been trying as I can to be sure to show others the kindness I have been shown and try to be better friend to all. Life is not easy and sometimes friendships are the only thing that gets us through it. The more friends one has, the more support they will have when life deals those tough hands. 

Comments

  1. You were there for me the moment I asked, man. Don't feel concerned that you're not a good friend - you are!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While!!

My Dog's a Tattle-Tale!

I am Back With What Men Think....