FINALLY!! The Verizon Iphone!

I posted yesterday about my hopes for today...that it would bring an Iphone on Verizon. At 11 a.m. ET I was not let down and a long awaited dream became a reality. I am excited and happy that I waited as long as I did and I can say at this time it feels like it paid off. (of course I can't fully say until I have it in my hands and use it for a while first) After much research and observation, it is the phone I have wanted for about a year now. Verizon and Apple heard our requests and delivered...so for that I thank both companies on making this happen.
What I can't believe though is how the news is just 6 hours old and already there is a flood of internet traffic upset and whining about some of the features that the Verizon Iphone has. Really people? Does your life suck so much that the only thing you can do is take good things and find something wrong with it? How have you not committed suicide yet?
Ok, so you can't talk and surf the web at the same time. How many people really do that anyways? That hasn't affected my opinion in the least bit. Why? Because I am one track minded for one thing. If I am talking on the phone, then I can't focus on the internet. If I focus on the internet I won't pay attention to the conversation. In reality that "problem" is probably going to save my bacon sometime when my wife calls me to tell me some "ground breaking" news in the future. Also, I am one who holds the phone to my ear to talk. I am not sure about everyone else but I don't have eyes on my ears so that feature would do me no good. I could use a bluetooth, but I don't, so still wouldn't do me any good. Ok, so a legitimate arguement is that you can't use the GPS for driving directions and talk at the sametime. Ok, we haven't been able to do that with previous phones so for Verizon customers we are use to that. If you are like me, you have a separate GPS so its still not an issue. The only ones it would be a problem for is AT&T customers who want to join Verizon. Ok, that could be a drag and take some getting used to. Thankfully there has been the invention of voicemail. If someone calls, ignore them, they leave a message and call them when you get to your destination. Adapt the philosophy that I have. My phone is for me to reach people, not people to reach me. Don't like that? Then stay with AT&T. I think they did a really good job at compromising the feature and inputting a wifi hotspot feature in the phone. So now look at it like a trade off. One or the other. Which do you want more?
Both are great. AT&T and Verizon will both succeed with this device and the general customers of both networks are happy with what they have.
I just find it amazing that something like this, something that has made best of both worlds possible, people are going to complain about so soon after the announcement without even seeing the results first. Just enjoy the moment, enjoy the prospects and once both sides are active and time has passed to make an educated opinion on the phones based on first hand experience, then cry about it.
Me, I am happy and excited. I am happy that my carrier has the Iphone finally. I am happy that I will be able to use the video feature with other Iphone users despite the network they are on as long as both are on wifi. I am excited to be able to share in some of the games and social networking with other friends Iphones despite the carrier they are on (like that word game for instance). I am happy to finally have the chance to use a device that I have wanted on a network that I am overall happy with and been with for almost nine years now. To both companies that made this happen, again I say thankyou for hearing us and making this possible. It was what we asked for and you delivered. So some tweaks had to be made but you compensated in other areas. Overall, we asked for an Iphone4 and you gave us what we asked for.
I am happy....and looking forward to Feb 3. That is the day I will never forget!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While!!

My Dog's a Tattle-Tale!

I am Back With What Men Think....