In Six Months, A New Chapter Begins

As I have stated and aluded to in previous posts, I am going to begin separating from Air Force. I made this decision almost three years ago and a few events and experiences since have solidified my feelings that I do not want to make this a career. The military has been good to me over all and has provided me with plenty of experience in the IT world and has more than paid for my education. I served my country for nine years now and have put my country before myself in many occasions. But now I am ready to put me first, work for my goals and desires and make the rest of my life what I want it to be, not dictated to me by the Air Forces needs or desires. I still want to serve my country just on my terms and hopefully one day at a level much higher than military positions. Now I love the atmosphere and the types of people that the military brings. So for that, I won't be going far. I am seeking employment with a company that contracts out positions in the Air Force. So I will still work on an Air Force base, with military personnel, etc. The only difference between now and then is I won't be wearing a uniform, will be Mr. Bender, and making about four times what I am now.
I am really excited to be nearing the new chapter of my life and I am actively counting down the days. I would be a fool however to say that I don't have fears. I joined the military a few months after high school, so the military is all I have really known since being on my own. There is a lot of the civilian mind frame and concerns I  have not had to worry about, that now I have to start taking into concideration. Like buying a house, property tax, life insurance (bc nothing out there is better than the militaries offer), job stability, etc. I have a lot of fears and a lot of nervousness about this change in my life.
There is a lot to happy for as well. Like I don't have to worry about moving unless I want to. I have opportunity to move up the "ranks" a lot easier than in the military, based on what I do or don't do, know or don't know, etc. My family gets to make friends and keep friends without having to worry about saying goodbye. So there is a lot to look forward to.
So over all, I am incredibly excited to be nearing the end of this chapter and beginning a new chapter. Yet a lot that still needs to happen between now and then. A lot to take into concideration and lot of nerves to calm down so  I can think straight. I am happy and excited yet fearful and nervous all at the sametime. All I can do though is keep moving forward, get down what I can get done and have faith that this is what I am supposed to be doing and believe that everything will fall into place for me as long as I do what I need to. Six months....time to start getting stuff done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a While!!

My Dog's a Tattle-Tale!

I am Back With What Men Think....